Oak Bluffs and East Chop Lighthouse

Renee Balter, Welcome to Oak Bluffs Poster

In 1835 Wesleyan Grove, as the Oak Bluffs Campground was called, served as the site for annual summer camp meetings when Methodist church groups found the groves and pastures of Martha’s Vineyard particularly well suited to all-day gospel sessions. Within 40 years of the first camp meeting here, there were crowds of 30,000 attending the Grand Illumination that marked the end of the summer season with a glorious show of Japanese lanterns and fireworks.

R.V. Prosser, Steamer Nobska and Lighthouse
Raymond V. Prosser – Original Watercolor


LaRoche, Gazebo Oak Bluffs - artprint .EAST CHOP LIGHT,OCEAN PARK - OAK BLUFFS

Charles La Roche, Gazebo Poster- Uta Kloss Photography
Artwork shown on this page is sold unframed . Please call 508-693-3948 for pricing and availability.